Electricity Supply Company of Orissa Limited (WESCO)
was incorporated as a Public Limited Company on November19,
1997 to carry out the distribution and retail supply
business of electricity in the entire western region
of Orissa. The Company secured the Certificate of Commencement
of business on 30.12.1997 and started functioning as
a wholly owned subsidiary of Grid Corporation of Orissa
Limited (GRIDCO), a Govt of Orissa power utility, from
November 26, 1998 under latters Distribution and
Retail Supply License. Subsequently, the Company obtained
its own license for Retail Supply from Orissa Electricity
Regulatory Commission (OERC) with effect from April
1, 1999. After privatisation of Distribution business
under power sector reform process ,WESCO became a subsidiary
of BSES Ltd , the premier Mumbai based Power Utility
with acquisition 51 % majority share-holding.
The authorised and
paid up capital of the Company is 48.65 crores . The
licensed area of operation of the Company is 48,000
sq. km and covers nine revenue districts of Western
Orissa namely, Sundargarh, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Deogarh,
Bargarh, Sonepur, Bolangir, Nuapada and Kalahandi.
Our Corporate Office at Burla.
upon acquisition of BSES Ltd by Reliance India Ltd,
WESCO becomes an associate company of the former(BSES).
Since April 1st 2003 the company is an associate company
of BSES Ltd.
- Purchases bulk power from GRIDCO
and sell it directly to all categories of consumers.
- Construction, maintenance and repairs
of all lines and sub-stations of 33 KV & below.
- New connections, installation of
meters & replacement of defunct meters.
- Billing,bill distribution and collection
of revenue from consumers
- Attends to consumer complaints.
To make available uninterrupted
and reliable power supply to customers and provide value
Our cultural features
- Customer driven behavior.
- Learning and development.
- Disciplined focused action.
- Continuous improvement process.
- Measured bench-marked activities.
Values we cherish
- Being the best.
- Customer care.
- Productivity through technology.
- High performance standard.
- Full commitment to environment protection
- Nurturing and developing human resource.
- Fully alive to social responsibilities
as good corporate citizen.